Oshawa Piano and Vocal Academy Music Policy
- Lessons must be paid for in advance by the month, term or year. Post-dated cheques are an acceptable method of payment.
- One month’s notice must be given prior to termination of lessons and all fees must be up to date.
- Parental involvement in the progress of students is encouraged. Parents are welcome to attend lessons.
- No allowance will be made for lessons missed by students (except by special arrangements in cases of prolonged illness).
- In the event of the teacher’s absence, adjustments will be made.
- Time lost because of a student’s lateness cannot be made up.
- The student must not enter into examinations, performances or auditions without the prior knowledge and approval of the teacher.
- Teachers respect the provision of Federal Legislation regarding the protection of privacy. Personal information provided by parents will not be shared with others without expressed authorization by the parents.
- Teachers are bound by the Code of Ethics contained in the By-Laws of The Ontario Registered Music Teachers’ Association.
If music be the food of love, play on.
– William Shakespeare